Welcome to My Empty Nest

" I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

-Galatians 2:20-21

Monday, June 1, 2009

Who me???...a Blogger???


Of all the various hats I wear...wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, nurse & friend, I had never considered the new role of "blogger" until my two children began to endlessly beg me to " hop on board the Blogger train" and join them. I must admit, I have spent countless hours in front of my computer reading and very much enjoying the new daily posts written by my girls, but I never seriously thought of joining the blogger world...I enjoyed being on the outside looking in.
"What in the world would I write about?", I argued. "With my nest now empty, I don't have cute parenting stories to write about as many bloggers do." Their answers came in rapid succession ..."Mom, you have tons of things to share, recipes, pictures of your grandchildren & garden, fun events with your girlfriends" etc...and the list went on as they pleaded for me to join them in the blogging world. How does that old saying go?..if you can't beat 'em, join 'em? So here goes nothing...I'm jumping into new territory with both feet. So stay tuned as "Mama Bird", that's the new blogger name my girls gave me, starts her blogging journey. I'd love to hear from you ( notice you can leave a comment after any post) Hugs and love to you all.

3 comments:

  1. YAY you did it mom! I'm so glad you decided to join this crazy blogging world. I cant wait to read all your new posts in the new adventures of "mama bird". I love you and miss you a ton!!
    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed Mom! You did it! Now you know you have to keep it up because Em and I will be checking often! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled to have this visual conversation with my dear friend! Your site is lovely! I have enjoyed your daughter's sites -- the pictures, news, heartfelt musings and inspirational sharings. So,Mama Bird, what a treat to see that you have had the courage to leap in and bless us all.
    You are a treasure in my life! Hugs, LaVonne

    ReplyDelete