Welcome to My Empty Nest

" I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

-Galatians 2:20-21

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grandma's Little Darlings






I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but suddenly one day, in the midst of my crazy, busy life, I turned around to hear a sweet little voice calling me Grandma...Grandma???

It is simply mind boggling how life can just whizz past you when you aren't even looking. One day you are a busy Mom, taking care of the thousand and one things Mom's take care of and then before you've realized it, you've passed the motherhood mantle on to the next generation. This was a profound realization to me as I watched my daughter Bri multitask from one thing to the next as she went about her day with Isabella & Tyler. Prepare the meals, pick up the house, run to the store, appt. with the pediatrician, drive to gymnastics, manage the family social calendar, and so on. "That used to be me", I thought...but now things had changed, my role had shifted from hectic Mom to "visiting Grandma". Thank you Lord, for this wonderful new time in my life...I really do love being a Grandma. I know I am biased, but I must say with sincere conviction that I do have the most adorable grandchildren in the world. Isabella, now 3 1/2 is as precocious as she is beautiful. Always talking, singing or giggling, Bella lights up every room she enters. Aside from her hair being blonde, Bella is an exact carbon copy of her mother. Time and again, I am transported back in time as I listen to Isabella chatter away and watch her skip through the house. She is like a warm ray of sunshine to my soul. And then there is Tyler. Tyler is just too darn cute for words. My heart melts when his ear to ear grin shows off his deep, adorable dimples and who can say "No" to those big,beautiful baby blue eyes. Always on the go, Tyler is a burst of endless energy that keeps you running. Yes, I am a very proud Grandma, but with little darlings like Bella & Tyler...who wouldn't be?


To see recent family pictures of Bri, John, Bella & Tyler just click on the link below

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those are some STUNNINGLY gorgeous kids. I bet they have amazingly good-looking parents. Probably some combination of Swedish and Italian....

    ReplyDelete